Thursday, March 12, 2009

Evidence Based Medicine

What is evidence for medicine? Why alternative medicine is alternative? These are the new topics for my term paper and I will start to discuss it in here. [I've sent out my proposal so I am on suspension for a while on the notion of mathematical intuition]

These notions makes me think of two worlds. One is defined and constituted by reason and one we cannot even define because we do not have the tools to do so. Chakra's, energy points, reiki, even acupuncture cannot be explained by using our reason. We need some other method, which is not "thinking".

I have also been thinking about the importance of approval mechanism. We depend on our references from other people in order to move forward in life. So how can we not be addicts of approval. What would be the alternative method for references. Someone's just looking at our faces and admit us to the universities?

In this second world none of the terms developed by western philosophy can hold. Can we find objectivity in there? What is thinking replaced by?

I cannot even describe it by my words because it is not propositional. Is that it? Can I only give a negative definition about it. Isn't there any bridge between these worlds?

No comments: