Sunday, June 7, 2009

Philosophy


Although I feel like I am doing what I want in life, I realized today that I could not have done another thing probably. I tried and was mostly successful about it actually but I cannot not do Philosophy. It is so hard nowadays though. In the stupid system of mass production, we are obliged to mass produce the papers in the finals periods. I am writing 4 term papers and 2 short papers in 3 weeks. This is insane, and is an allienation process from what I do. For four days I think about ontology, language then after finishing a paper I have to start thinking about truth and pragmatism, and next about randomized control trials, then about Kant's notion of concept and object and numbers then about evidence. This is STUPID. I would like to write about this too, a long term paper! Well maybe I should.

I actually feel like a sculptor who works with a terracotta and with lots of other materials, or maybe what I do is a bit like free style cooking or baking. You collect ideas, think about them, you form another idea, or you already have a new idea then you mix it with other ideas and mould them together till the dough is ready to be baked. I love this, but am not loving to do it as I am doing right now. Sigh...

Image from: http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/philosopher.htm

No comments: