Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Number 1 as a Cardinal Number and as a Real Number



I do not understand a concept of triangle being a computable one. Is the "concept" computable? I mean a particular triangle can be computable but not a general concept of a triangle.

From the responses I got from Onur and Eray, I have begun to think that real number 1 and cardinal number 1 are different entities. If we are talking about measuring some continuous thing, apparently we can only approach to the number 1 in R (Onur) or we can have a concept by computability, applying an exact computer algorithm (Eray) --still an approximation in R , but when we are counting we have the number 1 exactly, as a unit. There is no approximation in here right? We can both represent the number 1 in actuality and cannot. Particularly, if we are drawing a simple triangle we cannot represent it exactly but if we are counting we can. Where will this take me? (I am asking to my self, no offense :))

Another thing: quantum physics started to come up every area I am diggin' currently. Now there is Quantum Logic too. Need to set aside some time to check these out.



No comments: